A clogged toilet is one of those annoying parts of being a homeowner. The worst part is that your toilet always seems to get clogged at the worst time possible.
There are a few ways you can unclog a toilet without having to call a plumber and pay a hefty plumbing fee.
- You can use a toilet cleaner that has an enzyme in it in order to break up the waste that is clogging the toilet.
- The most common way to unclog, is to use a plunger, preferably one with a flange in order to create a better seal while plunging.
- A plumbing snake is also a good way to unclog a toilet because it can actually go down the toilet and through the curves, clearing the toilet out a little easier and faster
- Try making a homemade toilet cleaner if there is a lot of organic waste clogged in the toilet. You will need 1 cup baking soda, 2 cups vinegar, and a half gallon of hot water. After mixing the solution pour it in the toilet and allow it to sit over night. The solution should break down the waste and the water should have drained when you wake in the morning.
- Another way to drain a toilet if you do not have a drain snake is to use a wire coat hanger to push down into the drain of the toilet, however it might be a little more difficult to get the hanger to go through the curves, so it may take a little time.
- Take a wet/dry vacuum and suck the water out of the bowl. You will then want to empty the water out of the vacuum and then continue to suck the object that is clogging the toilet, out.